This morning, I’m in one of those moods. The weather is crappy, I fell down my front stairs before work (soaking me, of course), work sucks and my body is sore from the ringer I am currently putting it through trying to be beach/bikini/Bahamas ready. I want to whine, cry, mope, pout. In an attempt to keep my crummy attitude in check, I started thinking about what I’m grateful for… hence, my weekly gratitude.
- Thank you to my mom and dad who came running the moment they heard me crying as I stumbled back into the house after falling down the front stairs this morning. I was fine, minus a cut on my ankle, but they were ready to call an ambulance had I needed it.
- Thank you to my Starbucks cup. I know it’s an inanimate object but it holds 16 fluid ounces and it is much easier to drink water this way. I’m pushing between 120-160 ounces of water per day and my awesome cup makes it so much easier.
- Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of my new running endeavors. You keep me strong and push me to keep going. I hope to run with some of you someday; it would be an honor to wear a number next to you.
- Thank you to fat-free hot chocolate. You make a bad day better.
- Thank you to my good friend MK for inviting me to the Boston Bloggers Brunch event this Sunday at the Biltmore Bar & Grill in Newton. I’m so excited to meet new bloggers and taste the restaurant’s amazing menu!
- Thank you to the Stonehill College Dance Team for loving me like one of their own. I’m an SCDT member at heart.
- Thank you to Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien, for putting out ANOTHER AMAZING COOKBOOK. 300 Under 300 might just be the best one yet! There are so many recipes, I don’t even know where to begin.
And speaking of 300 Under 300… I may be embarking on a special Julie/Julia-esque project in the near future. More things to be thankful for.
My friend Christine recently went to Barcelona and had fellow bloggers guest post for her while she was away. One day, Tatiana from Love, Life, Lace posted. Naturally, I clicked into her blog and found that she was the founder of Weekly Gratitude – a way for her to post about how thankful she is about what she has in her life. She has extended it into the blogging world and it is rapidly growing into a very powerful movement.
I love the idea Weekly Gratitude and told Tatiana that I wanted in immediately. This is my first Weekly Gratitude post and I am thankful for that. Check out Tatiana’s site – I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Thank you to my family – the ones who love me, support me and push me. And are always willing to try my food.
- Thank you to my professors who wrote my grad school recommendation letters. I’m convinced they are the reason I was accepted and have the opportunity to go to a school that until this point, had always been a reach.
- Thank you to DanceWorks Boston. Without you, I would have no outlet to dance, choreograph or do what I love to do.
- Thank you to the Radiology department of Union Hospital, especially the women I work with. Not only do I have a job and money to pay my college loans, but also the opportunity to work with some amazing people. Others may not understand our humor but that’s what makes it fun. Sink or swim, people.
- Thank you to the Couch to 5K program. It gets me to the gym and guarentees at least at least 30 minutes of cardio per day. Bless whoever came up with it.
- Thank you to my Shen Dance girls. You inspire me and give me another reason why I love to dance. You don’t know it now, but you are also giving me a reason to make one more weekend trip to New York to see you before camp in August.
- Thank you to my good friend, Miriah. You are like an older sister to me and your heart is bigger than anyone’s I have ever met. You brought a beautiful little girl into the world and I know you will be an amazing mother.
- Thank you for the patience to deal with people on a daily basis without losing my mind or blowing a gasket.
- Thank you to Tatiana for creating Weekly Gratitude. It makes me examine my life and take the time to appreciate every aspect of it.