2011. I feel like it went by so fast. At this time last year, I was a completely different person and I’m happy to report that I’m a better me than I was at the close of 2010.
This year, I achieved things I never thought I ever could. I choreographed three group routines, I started running and ran four 5K races, I got into grad school and survived my first semester, I realized what I truly want in my life and I am starting to become the person I have always wanted to be.
I worked my third summer with the National Dance Alliance, I now dance in an amazing company in Boston and BU has opened my eyes to incredible new opportunities, including an acceptance into a 6-week study abroad program to cover the London Olympics next summer.
2011 taught me to not take life too seriously. To enjoy each day, love whole-heartedly and appreciate myself for who I am. It’s a great feeling to look back on this year and know that I have grown in so many ways.
Back in July, I set some mid-year goals for myself. So let’s recap them and see how I did.
1. Work (at least) 8 NDA summer camps. Done. I worked 9! I traveled everywhere from Kansas to Maryland and loved every minute of it.
2. Run 2 more 5Ks. Done. I ran 3 more: Run for Ryan’s Cup 5K in September, Witch City 5K in October and the Lynnfield Turkey Trot 5K in November. I wanted to run one in December as well but since I didn’t get to, I signed up for the “Run Your Hangover Off 5K” on January 1st. I think it’s the best way to kick off 2012!
3. Host a blog giveaway. Done. I hosted my first giveaway in September for Chocolate and Wine’s 1st Blogiversary!
4. Stick to Weight Watchers (not playing a numbers game here. Work out, eat right, follow the points, be healthy and let the body do what it will.) Kinda done. I don’t exactly stick to the WW plan but I did manage to drop 12 pounds this year and I am VERY happy about that.
5. Rock the first semester of my grad program at Boston University (all A’s would be sweet but we like B+s too.) Kinda done. 1 A-, 1 B+ and 2 Bs. I am very proud; grad school is hard, man.
6. Try 1 new recipe a week. Fail. Sometimes when I cook, I use the same recipes over and over. But now that I have a beautiful new crockpot, I might be able to achieve this goal in 2012.
7. Dance in 4 DanceWorks Boston fall pieces. Done. I danced in 5! 6 if you include the finale/Flash Mob!
8. Train for and run a 10K. Fail. I chickened out. 2012 will hold at least one 10K and maybe even a half marathon.
9. Take hot yoga regularly. Fail. I probably did it a total of 3 times between the summer and now.
Overall, I think this has been a great year. I achieved most of my goals and really let myself let go of the rest of the emotional baggage leftover from undergrad.
So long, 2011…On to 2012! Goals and “resolutions” to come!
6 thoughts on “2011 Recap & Wrap Up”
love this SO MUCH. so proud of you and I think the goals you did accomplish were the most important/most challenging ones!
I love the idea of a Run Your Hangover Off 5k. I wish there was a race like that around here. I would so do it! Congrats on making it through your first year of grad school!
Thanks Alyssa!! You should come to the North Shore of MA and run it!!
Great job, you really hit some of those and stuck with it. I think the best part is that you realized what you want in life and are becoming YOU!
Thanks so much Erica!! Looking forward to many more brunches this year too!
Looks like you had a great year! I just found your blog and I can’t wait to keep reading….